Pimples is a skin problem that affects most of the people especially girls in their teenage. Almost every girl faces this problem in her life. Girls are always struggling to have a clear and glowing face skin, but some of them have to face pimples problem that comes in the way of having a clear skin and damages their self-esteem. Pimples may last for few days or some may last for a greater period and may end up leaving permanent marks on your face, but it is assured that they are not risky for your health. They can pop up anywhere on your face, cheeks, lips, nose, forehead, etc. Yes, we know pimples are irritating but what is more irritating? It is getting a pimple on lip or lip pimples.
You can't eat easily especially when the food is spicy or salty; you can't apply makeup, and you can't even talk easily because the movement of lips causes pain. Pimples don't pop up on lips normally so they can easily draw attention in a bad way. As lips are the most sensitive part of your face, therefore, pimples are hurtful.
Causes of a pimple on lip
- Pimples are normally caused when pores on the skin are open, and dust or bacteria enter them.
- Using cheap cosmetics such as lipsticks, lip glosses, lip pencils and lip balms can cause a pimple on lip line as these products contain low-quality chemicals that are harmful to the skin. They damage your lips by penetrating the skin which results in bacterial infection thus causing pimples.
- Your skin might be allergic to some ingredient that may be present in cheap or even good quality lip products.
- Expired lip products can cause pimples.
- If your diet is poor, it may cause a Pimple on lip .
- Some people get pimples right after they eat oily food or even chocolates. So eating such food can be a cause too.
- One of the most common causes is when you experience hormonal changes. These changes can be because of puberty, pregnancy, stress, certain medications or menstruation.
- Your toothpaste contains fluoride in it. Some people's skin may react with fluoride and result in getting a pimple. Also, some toothpaste has fragrances and flavors which may also cause pimples.
- The rate of getting a pimple on the lip is higher in people who smoke than the people who don't.
- Not only eating oily food can cause pimples but allowing built up of oil on your lips after eating, when you don't wash your lips, can also result in a pimple on lip.
Remedies and solutions
Use benzoyl peroxide :
Benzoyl peroxide is an OTC (Over Counter) product and can be easily found at any drug store for use without a prescription or license. It is very effective because it kills bacteria on your skin and removes pimples easily. But avoid using this product if a pimple is close to your mouth and try any treatment that doesn't include serious chemicals.
Apply ice cube :
Pimples on lips are accompanied by redness and inflammation. To reduce them hold an ice cube on your pimple. Putting ice helps to narrow the blood vessels which in turn force out bacteria and oil. This speeds up the recovery. To do this, wrap an ice cube in a towel or a thick fabric and apply it on the pimple. Repeat this process several times a day to get good results.
Apply lemon juice :
Lemon is acidic in nature so applying lemon will kill the bacteria and dry out a pimple. To do this, dip a clean cotton swab in lemon juice and apply it on your pimple. Use fresh lemon juice otherwise; the bottled juice may contain preservatives that may worsen the situation.
Steam treatment :
Steam is very helpful as it opens your pores and let the dirt and bacteria flow out. This reduces inflammation and clears pimples and also prevents from getting pimples again. This can be done by either taking a hot shower or by holding your face close to a bowl containing hot water. To get good effect expose your face to steam for about half an hour.
Large amount of water intake :
Drinking water is not only good for health but also flushes toxins out of your body and cleanses the skin. Similarly, drinking plenty of water flushes bacteria from your pimples too.
Consult a dermatologist :
If the above treatments don't work or don't provide long-term remedy then it's best to consult a dermatologist. The doctor will prescribe treatments that might help.